Why are most women so attached to their hair?

Some women are so terrified of the scissors that they will walk around with split ends instead of getting their hair trimmed or cut.

I was speaking to a friend of mine about why women are so scared of short hair and she said  we've been trained to think that beauty and femininity is attached to hair length in women.  When in reality it all comes from the way you present yourself.  Your attitude and demeanor.  I feel more like a woman with a shaved head than I did with relaxed hair down my back."  She also said it bothers me that people are so defined by length even many of the sisters in the Natural Hair Community.  Another friend said because your hair is part of your personal style and appearance. How you style your hair can indicate whether you are an edgy, conservative, trendy, etc. Cutting or changing it, changes the way you present yourself.

Below are two pictures I adore from two friends I know personally who had long hair and for different reasons said "screw it"! I'm tired of the long visits to the salon and another said she exercises and being a black woman it is hard to maintain your hair if you are exercising regularly. Some other reasons were to take a break from the chemicals we put in our hair.  One of the best response I got from my friend was I feel liberated!!!!


Check out these women ROCKIN' IT! Be Free!





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ray Rice elevator incident with his wife Janay Palmer.

FEATURING BESS BOUTIQUE -BOSTON, MA (UPHAMS CORNER)