Are you submissive to your mate?

After reading an article in regards to submission in relationships I decided to ask a few folks their opinion on the subject.  Below is what they had to say:





C. Hills wrote:  Husband & Wives are to submit to each other. As in respect & love not authority.  If we were created as his help mate why would we then have to obey him instead of complement him?

H. Clark wrote: Husbands and wives should definitely have mutual respect and understanding for each other and I think some people get hung up on the whole semantics of the situation.  The truth is the man is the head of the household and when a woman understands this it makes the relationship/marriage run smoother. I'm not into the whole calling him "daddy" but whatever works for you.

T. Lovelace wrote:  First of all, only a wife should submit to her husband not her boyfriend, friend etc.  By doing so, a wife creates a power position in not only her marriage, but in her household, family and community.  We've lost this, women think being "submissive" is a bad thing. I know my position in a marriage notice I said position and not place big difference.  We "women" (I choose that term lightly because most claim to be and know nothing about it) want a man to stand up but we won't stand back (not step back) and allow him to do so and support our men from behind when they need it.  Instead we become impatient and take not only the lead but emasculate him then dog a brother out.  Being submissive is so powerful to a lasting relationship.  Everyone knows the Queen is the most powerful piece on the chessboard to the right of her King, but always in second position. He does everything for her honor on the contrary to what is believed or even said funny how many women will chime in but the same women do all kinds of submission to a no good man without even realizing. My father , grandfathers, uncle ruled the house but Nana, Mum, Titi, had the final say go ask your mother.  My opinion is my own about submissiveness in a relationship.  A real man will love, honor and respect this and be more of a man because of it. Men have to earn respect before I give him that and we women need to realize that a good man will complement a good woman.  If you keep attracting no good men we must acknowledge and change the sh*t about us that keeps attracting them.  Humility goes a long way.

C. Rios wrote:  I agree with Tiana.  I even included that in my marriage vows to be the submissive wife God created me to be usin teh bible reading of Ruth (1:16-17) wehn Ruth submits herself to Noemi, because to me that's what marriage is complete submission. I got many comments about it from those I shared it with prior to the wedding but I didn't change it because that is what I wanted to say.  That only showed me how many got stuck on the word submissive instead of the actual meaning.  I wasn't vowing to be dumb and do as your told by my husband instead I vowed to give all that I am to him, to give of myself completely to our marriage and by doing so I get all of my husband in our marriage in return.

D. Garnett wrote: Marriage is a blessing from god, the Bible states this as positions, my family is full of strong women, they are who empowered us ( the men of our family) to be strong men.  Submissive we are to our wives, sisters, mothers and grandmothers but that's because they showed us how to glorify our women our family.  The husbands are submissive in certain areas but we weren't this way, we were trained to be this way.  The training came from home with our mothers and most men follow their trainings and then vary off to fit their own families and satisfactions and not their wives.  The husband loses his identity if he's not held up in some manner of importance as part of the marriage.  A man's pride is his legacy aka (Everybody Hates Chris) The big piece of chicken just a little humor.

E. Silcott wrote: Submission in it's full meaning is not the right word I like words like willingness and trust.  Those two words are more important to me because when some women hear the word submission their reaction is to run over their willingness to be in the relationship and leave it in a crumpled mess behind them.  Then they internalize a feeling of betrayal because how dare the man expect them to submit and now trust becomes the next victim in the relationship.  Ladies most men don't get into relationships because they want a submissive woman usually they get into a relationship because they trust you above all others and they are willing to make you happy no matter the what or the how.  Think about that the next time you think he wants you to submit.  It's to easy to think the lesser of people and it's dangerous because everyone will live up to the expectations you have for them.  Do the hard thing and look for the good in everyone especially your man and I guarantee you he will live up to your expectations of him.

Shawnie wrote:  We the women are the power behind our men/husband we have to allow our men to act in control however whe he isn't able to handle all the responsibility that life throws we step in so I agree we step in and assist.  Would Emanuel remember we are not equal to men? If we were we would have been created at the same time not from his rib.

Thank you to everyone that chimed in we  appreciate your feedback.  As you can see from the above conversation everyone's meaning is a tad bit different.  It's not about being hung up on the meaning it's knowing exactly what it means to be submissive to your husband. Below is the meaning that has most women in an uproar about the word.  It's about having mutual respect and playing your position but different strokes for different folks. In the conversation above Tiana L explained it best in our opinion. Feel free to add your comments below.

Submissive: 


1.
inclined or ready to submit; unresistingly or humbly obedient: submissive servants.
2.
marked by or indicating submission: a submissive reply.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ray Rice elevator incident with his wife Janay Palmer.

FEATURING BESS BOUTIQUE -BOSTON, MA (UPHAMS CORNER)